Maintaining a clean home, indoors and outdoors, can be frustrating. It is not an easy job, especially if you have vast property. A lot of people hire a professional to do the job for them. And if you notice that the exterior part of your home needs cleaning, it is easy to decide to hire a professional from Destin FL home services.
But before doing so, it is essential that you know if pressure washing is what you need to clean the area, or not. So here are the things that you need to know about before you decide to have anything around your home pressure washed:
What is Pressure Washing?
Pressure washing is the method used of cleaning that uses high-pressure water spray to remove any loose paint, grime, dust buildup, mould, and even chewing gum in specific spaces. Pressure washing is safer for cleaning small patio, driveway, and patio areas. It is also the best cleaning method for softer areas like sidings, tiled areas, and wood decking. Other than that, masonry, brick, and concrete can also be pressure washed.
Know What You CAN’T Pressure Wash
You have to remember that not all surfaces around your home are safe for pressure washing. So here are the areas that you should NOT pressure wash since you will only be causing damage rather than cleaning it:
- Anything Old. Any old things like furniture, decks, wooden buildings possibly have dry rot. If you pressure wash it, they will disintegrate. Remember that even good wood can get soft and damaged over time.
- Asphalt Roofing. Pressure washing can take off the granules from the asphalt roof. That means that if you pressure wash this on your own, you will be destroying your roof.
- Laminar Sandstone. If you pressure wash this, it will wash away. The material is too soft for pressure washing.
- Stained Wood. With the pressure, it can easily take the stain out of the wood. If you do so, you might need to restain the wood once it dries.
- Painted Surfaces. All painted surfaces can be washed, but you need a professional to do pressure washing to avoid destroying the paint.
Pressure washing is one of the most convenient ways of cleaning dirty surfaces. However, take note of the essential tips mentioned above. You don’t want to end up damaging your property. It would be best to hire a professional to do the job for you to avoid regrets in the future.